Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm Thankful For (Day 3)

I had lots of plans to post earlier tonight, but that was before i spent every spare moment today arguing with my computer. I didn't even get to check my email!

SO - I will keep it short and sweet - I don't want to go back on what I said I would do.
Today I am thankful for . . . my good job, and understanding boss. 1 year ago, I was unemployed working part time as a cashier to help make the unemployment cover the bills while searching for a job. I was getting pretty down, and then, low and behold, had 2 job offers within 24 hours - for 2 companies, competitors. It wasn't too hard of a decision really, and I really do enjoy my job (most days, but who doesn't have that problem?) I talked to my boss this morning and asked about taking a day off to do some running - take my MIL to some Dr appointments. He said he 'would be mad if I didn't'. Thank Goodness for understanding bosses! (oh, and ThankYou to my personal 'GeekSquad' for giving me numerous suggestions on how to fix the computer)

Tonight while I argued with my computer (just short of drop kicking it) ruraldad and ruralkid did math (big suprise) but he was excited when he was done! (ruralkid moreso than ruraldad) That is a big thing in our world - math is such a challenge for him. He can remember war dates/places/army ranks and more, but if it has to do with manipulating numbers he has problems.

Well, that is about it for now - Enjoy a happy Friday - I will share a link tomorrow - which one to choose? Want someone to see your blog? I will post it on here if you share it with me - Lovin Tips & Crafts & Recipes etc - shoot me an email! ruralNDmom@gmail.com

Thanks!

No comments: