Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm Thankful For (Day 2)

Since it is Veterans day, i'm going to have 2 Thankfuls. Is that a word? (thankfuls?) I think it is. REGARDLESS, I am thankful for Veterans - I am thankful that they gave their time and in some cases lives to make and to keep our Freedom! I can't imagine life without you, and although we don't say it often enough, we appreciate you EVERY DAY.
Also, today, I'm thankful for my friends - i mean honestly, who else do you call when you are ready to pull your hair out from a stressful day at work? When your kid has done something else that is determined to drive you CRAZY before your time, who do you call? Or hopefully more often than the first one, when they have done something AMAZING - like making it on the honor roll? Your girlfriends!! They are the ones who get you through it all - so that is what I am thankful for today.

Last night after i posted, I cross stitched for awhile, (finished it!) I will try to post a picture for you to see. I attempted to kit a few other ornaments, so I can keep moving on them. Too many to make, too little time! I did realize that somehow, somewhere, i must have put my JUST CROSS STITCH ornaments issue in a 'safe' place. Am I the only one who does that and then can't remember where the safe place is?
Tonight when I got home from work, we had supper. It was 'ruralkid' cook night, and he made spaghetti squash for supper. He did a great job! After supper, we got the dishes cleaned up and now ruralkid and 'ruraldad' are doing math. Who knew 8th grade math could be so much work!

I have great aspirations to do lots of crafty - inspired type things, and one day while playing around on the 'net, I found this awesome blog - so I am going to attempt to post the link in this post. She does some incredible wordart, meant for scrapbooking. I haven't done alot of that, but I want to. . . someday. . .
Elegant WordArt by Beth


she has a new freebie wordart every day, and she tells us about her crazy life with 5 kids (and army husband). Today's wordart was especially fitting.

1 comment:

a said...

Awe, thanks for bloggin' about me! Yes, my life is crazy - LOL! That's what comes with the Army and 5 kidlets!

And as for digital scrapbooking? You can TOTALLY do it. It's really quite fun once you get the hang of it :)

And yes, I totally agree about the friends thing. Where would we be without them, eh?